It does not matter whether you want to have some healthy lunch or lightweight dinner, chicken soup is always the best option there is. Chicken soup might seem to be the easiest recipe on earth, but it is not actually that easier to prepare. The gentle culinary touch is needed to prepare a fine chicken soup. And that touch can only be acquired through a properly instructed recipe.
But before we can brew the ambience for a simple yet tasty chicken soup recipe, here are few things you might want to know about this recipe.
One of the many reasons for the popularity of chicken soup is that it is a perfect combined recipe for every nutrient. Chicken soup is prepared with the breast meat of chicken and different vegetables. It balances the proper diet. Lots of people prefer chicken soup as their lunch when they are on a diet.
And apart from being a perfect diet food, chicken soup is also famous because of its healing power when sick. Be it the rough flu or a normal cold; chicken soup is the only food that you are allowed to eat.
Generally, the taste of a clear chicken soup turns out to be quite flat. Clear chicken soup recipe does not include any kind of spices, only salt. You can add pepper and little butter to enhance the taste. However, most of the time chicken soup tastes a little gamey.
WHY THIS RECIPE IS SPECIAL?
- Chicken soup is a universal food dish. And the most special thing about this dish is that it is a proper diet food with balanced ingredients. So, if you are allowed to eat any fancy food during your workout sessions, you can surely include chicken soup in your chart.
- Apart from this, chicken soup is great for sick people, i.e. when someone is suffering from flu or a normal cold. The balanced nutrition ingredient materials of this dish make this recipe so special universally.
Easy Chicken Soup Recipe
It is true that you do not need to have special culinary skills to cook a simple chicken soup dish, but you surely need a little guidance to make it proper diet food. So, here we have dictated the ingredients and instructions to prepare a proper sick-people-diet-dish chicken soup.
- 1 tablespoon of Olive Oil
- 3 carrots or 4
- 1 diced onions or 2
- 4 celery stalks medium sliced
- 8 cups of water
- 1 teaspoon of dried thyme or ½ teaspoon
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 tablespoon of salt or more as you need
- ½ teaspoon of black pepper or as per taste
- 1 chicken of 5 pounds The whole chicken with giblet and neck removed properly from the cavity
- 1 cups of noodles or rice if you like to add or 2 cups
How to make
How to make chicken soup
At first, pour the olive oil in a frying pan and heat it until it starts shimmering a little. After this, add the diced onions to it and fry them for 5 or 6 minutes. Once a good brown colour appears, lowers the heat.
Meanwhile, peel and cut the carrots into symmetrical or asymmetrical dice shape. Put it into a 6-quart slow cooker. Now, add the diced celery, water, thyme and bay leaves to it. Add the pre-cooked onions to this slow cooker when it is ready.
Now, coming to the chicken part, you need to pat it with black pepper a little first. Cut it evenly to put salt and pepper inside the chicken as well. And when it is done, place the chicken slowly on the top of the vegetables in slow cooker. Cover the lid and cook the chicken for at least 6 hours until the chicken loosens off the bones.
Transfer the chicken to a baking sheet and shred them into big dice shapes. Now, place these big pieces of chicken into the slow cooker and stir the soup until it tastes perfect.
- If you want to increase the flavour of your chicken soup, you can sauté the onions for 2 days and preserve it in the refrigerator.
- You can preserve leftovers of the chicken soup in an airtight container for 4 days in the refrigerator.
SERVINGS AND PRESENTATION
Now that clear chicken soup recipe is ready to serve; you can add boiled noodles or rice to it for extra nutritional value. Not only that but it will also add flavour to a flat chicken soup recipe as well.
- As I have mentioned earlier, it is quite easy to prepare a slow cooker chicken soup. Eliminating the obvious ingredients such as water, oil, salt etc., a simple and clear chicken soup recipe does not require lots of ingredients. All you will need is a whole chicken, celery, carrot, onion, fresh parsley, bay leaf. Truth to be told, you can just put them all into a cooker and wait for them to boil.
- However, in case of adding a little extra taste to the soup, it is better to sauté the onions first. This will allow the chicken to soften more and the salt will enter into the chicken which will taste better.
- As it is a slow cooker chicken soup recipe, you need to prepare the whole process at night if you are planning to serve the dish at lunch the next day. To enrich the nutrition value of this chicken soup recipe, you can add rice or noodles to it. This increases the carbohydrate value of the dish. But it is better not to boil the rice or the noodles with the chicken and the vegetable because it will make a broth instead of clear soup.