- Why Chicken fried rice is famous in India?
- Flavour or taste of Chicken fried rice
- Special chicken fried rice
- Easy Chicken Fried Rice Recipe
- Chicken Fried Rice
- How to make
- Serving & Presentation
- Thus, it can be safely said that chicken fried rice is quite a popular Indo-Chinese dish. From 5-star hotels to street chicken fried rice, every chicken fried rice has its own essence. However, the above recipe mostly covers all. So, this weekend, change your taste a little and taste this delicious chicken fried rice instead.
After the mighty noodles, the next food that saves the hostel people is the fried rice. Be it a little midnight snack or a lazy Monday dinner; fried rice can be our every day’s companion. With a little sauce on the top, chicken fried rice is one of the best street foods of India.
And if you think it is a big deal to cook a meal of chicken fried rice, you are dead wrong! This Indo-Chinese dish can be prepared easily at home in the presence of some simple ingredients. Let us have a look here.
Why Chicken fried rice is famous in India?
Before jumping into the topic of preparing chicken fried rice, we should know why it is famous in India? The reasons are mostly twofold; one, it is easy to make and available everywhere and two, it is quite cheap as street food. Also, chicken fried rice can be considered as a complete meal in itself with a good diet chart included.
Although it is a Chinese food dish, chicken fried rice has become a fully Indian dish that is prepared on many different Indian events.
Flavour or taste of Chicken fried rice
Chicken fried rice cannot be said to have a particular flavour or taste as it is made up of different veggies, spices and chicken cubes. However, chicken fried rice does taste a lot similar to noodles but only with rice. The taste of different veggies and chicken strike the tongue most while you are eating chicken fried rice! Also, garlic, bell pepper, chilli sauce and vinegar enhance the taste of chicken fried rice as well.
Special chicken fried rice
One of the most interesting and important reasons for the popularity of this dish is that it is quite easy to make. Also, it needs only half an hour to make this dish perfectly. Thus, chicken fried rice can be regarded as the quick-made food dish in India.
Also, because of the scope of adding extra flavours and ingredients to it, chicken fried rice can be used as a perfect guest food as well. Be it a casual lunchtime or a fancy dinner party; chicken fried rice can always fill the hunger party. These are the two important reasons why chicken fried rice is special in India.
Easy Chicken Fried Rice Recipe
Chicken Fried Rice
The tasty dish of chicken fried rice does not need a strict cookbook. The ingredients and the instruction to make this dish is quite pretty simple. Let us have a look here.
- 1 or 2 cups of rice accordingly
- 200 or 300g of chicken; it may vary from person to person
- 1 tbsp of soya sauce
- 1 tbsp of chopped garlic
- 1 tbsp of vinegar
- ½ tbsp of chilli sauce
- ¼ tsp of pepper powder
- 2 tbsp of olive oil
- ¼ tsp of five spice powder
- 1 strand mace which is optional
- salt according to taste
- 1 medium size onion
- 1 or ½ cup of chopped bell pepper
- 2 sprigs of celery chopped or solid
- 1 or 2 chopped carrot
How to make
How to make chicken fried rice
At first, you have to boil the rice according to the regular way after washing it twice. Once it is done, drain it to a colander properly. It is advised not to add hot and wet rice to the wok; otherwise, chicken fried rice would turn into chicken broth.
Now coming to the chicken part; you have to take olive oil in a regular kitchen pan and fry the chicken properly. Stir the fried chicken in the oil until it softens and the colour turns a little brown. Take a proper look whether your chicken is releasing water or not. If not, sprinkle it with little water.
After you are done with the chicken, you have to add the soya sauce and chilli sauce to it. Stir them for 5 minutes and set the chicken aside for 30 minutes. It will add a subtle tangy taste to your chicken.
After the rice and chicken, it is the turn for the veggies. Take a wok or a wide pan and add olive oil, garlic, five-spice powder, and mace to it. Stir them properly. After a while, add the chopped or sliced onion to it. Fry this whole mixture for 3 to 5 minutes.
Now, it is the time to add the cubed and fried chicken in it. Pour the chicken on this wide pan and add the sauce mixture as well. Cook and stir it for 10 minutes until the sauce thickens.
However, there is still one veggie left, i.e. capsicum or bell pepper. Add bell pepper to it and fry for a while. Make sure that you do not soften it because it tastes good when it remains crunchy.
Now, you have to add the pre-prepared rice to this mixture. Along with the rice, you have to add the pepper powder, salt and if possible, the green parts of the onion. Mix and stir them well for another 10 minutes.
- If you are planning to use rice less than 200g, it is better to reduce the quantity of the sauce and vinegar while cooking.
- Also, sprinkle water while you are frying the chicken in the pan.
Serving & Presentation
- Chicken fried rice does not necessarily have a presentation-value; rather it is a complete meal in itself.
- You can serve it with a dish of chilli chicken, chilli Manchurian or any other Chinese chicken dish of your choice.
- Or you can serve it alone with little celery leaves lying on the top.